It’s time to mark your calendar for the Third Annual Christmas Treats on Wellston Streets! This year’s event will be held on Saturday, December 7, 2019 in Historic Downtown Wellston, Ohio.
Please see the descriptions below for a full calendar of events occurring on this day. More information can also be found in the blog section of our website. However, we encourage you to continually check our Facebook page for the most up-to-date event information. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, December 7th!
Christmas Treats on Wellston Streets
Official Event Schedule
December 7th, 2019 in Historical Downtown Wellston, Ohio
Over 30 festive Christmas themed events sponsored by Wellston businesses and organizations will make this a day to remember!
Starting at 8 am
- 8am-11am: Black Diamond Lodge #538, 6 East Broadway Street, will be hosting their annual free pancake breakfast. Donations gladly accepted.
Starting at 9 am and 9:30 am
- 9am-3pm: Make Wellston Beautiful will be hosting their annual Vendor Fair and Chinese Auction at The Depot on Railroad Avenue. Soups, Pizza Rolls, Hot Dogs, Nachos, and Drinks will also be available.
- 9am-4pm: The Wellston Main Street Christmas Tree Shoppe will be open at the former Ray’s Appliance building on 1st Street. Stop by to browse decorated trees, wreaths, and gift baskets for silent auction to benefit Wellston Main Street projects. Thank you to Dave and Henrietta Scharfenberger for allowing Wellston Main Street to use the building.
- 9am-4pm: McWilliams Funeral Home is the sponsor of this year’s Jingle Bell Rocks contest. If you find a painted rock within the downtown area, bring it to the Yuletide Market in the former Ray’s Appliance building for a cash prize.
- 9:30am-1pm: Honeysuckle Salon, 2 E. Broadway Street, will be handing out homemade cookies and refreshments.
Starting at 10 am
- 10am-12pm: Milton Bank, a Division of Ohio Valley Bank, 123 S. Ohio Avenue, will be offering a keepsake ornament and refreshments.
- 10am-2pm: Brodigan’s Sports and Trophies, 7 S. Ohio Ave., will be handing out candy canes.
- 10am-3pm: The Wellston Main Street Gingerbread House Contest will be set up at 4 E. Broadway St. Come in and see all the wonderfully decorated gingerbread houses and vote on your favorite with your pennies and spare change. All proceeds go towards future Main Street projects. Cash prizes will be handed out at the City Tree Lighting sat 6pm. Thank you to Rusted Barn for sponsoring the contest this year.
- 10am-4pm: Wellston City Schools, 1 E. Broadway St., will coordinate a scavenger hunt. Please pick up the forms at the District Office and have fun!
- 10am-2pm: Wellston Flowerland, 111 E. 1st St., will be hosting local author Betty Jenkins and illustrator Marjorie White McVey as they launch their new children’s book, “How Do We Know That Winter’s Aglow?”
- 10am-4pm: Wellston Main Street Yuletide Market will be open at the former Ray’s Appliance Building on 1st Street along with the Tree Shoppe Silent Auction. Plenty of crafts, baked goods, LuLaRoe, and other vendors will be available for shopping.
- 10am-2pm: Our Darling Creations, 20 S. Ohio Ave., will be hosting their “Deck the Walls” event.
Starting at 11 am
- 11am-3pm: Rusted Barn, 8 E. Broadway St., will be hosting their annual “Mistletoe Booth”.
- 11am-3pm: Bella’s Boutique and Tanning, 17 S. Ohio Ave., will be handing out hot chocolate and treats.
- 11am-1pm: Sylvester Memorial Wellston Public Library, 135 E. 2nd St., will be hosting an ornament craft. The teens will read a Christmas Story in the children’s room.
- 11am-2pm: The Store, 7 S. Pennsylvania Ave., will host their annual Toy Drive.
Starting at 1pm
- The annual Wellston Lions Club Santa Parade will take place downtown, starting at the old High School lot and ending at the City Building. There will be free photos with Santa on the porch of the City Building, sponsored by Steel McKee Images. Please donate a non-perishable food item at the City Building when you pick up your photo, if possible.
- 1pm-3pm: Oths, Heiser, Miller, Waigand, and Clagg, LLC, 16 E. Broadway St., will be taking in letters to Santa and serving refreshments.
Starting at 2 pm
- 2pm-4pm: McWilliams Funeral Home, 125 East 1st Street, will be hosting their annual Christmas Concert. Refreshments will be served.
Other Area Events
- Hope United Methodist Church, 217 East 1st Street, will be hosting their annual Christmas Bazaar from 9am-3pm. Many vendors, crafts, and several lunch options.
- The first annual Christmas Cookie Contest, a Wellston Main Street event, will be held at Our Darling Creations located at 20 S. Ohio Ave. All entries must be submitted by Saturday, December 7th at 11 am. Judging will be done at Noon with the winners announced at the Tree Lighting at the City Building at 6pm.
- The OhillCo Society’s Winter Nights and Christmas Lights trees are displayed in Pride Park along Railroad Ave.
- Winners for all contests throughout will be announced at the Tree Lighting at the Wellston City Building at 6 pm.
Window Decorating Contest
- There will be a decorating of decorated storefront windows located throughout town. Winners will be announced at the Tree Lighting Ceremoby at the Wellston City Building at 6 pm. Plaques are sponsored by Mohawk Electric and Brodigan’s Sports and Trophies.